Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting into a routine + Doctor Visit !!!

Well . . . This week has been great and interesting thus far! We have begun to settle in to our own family routine. We have spent several nights with just Heather, Jackson, and myself. Although it is alot harder than when my mom, or Heather's mom was staying with us, it has allowed us to settle into a decent routine. Heather will surely tell you she thinks I am alot more tired than usual, but it is all for a GREAT cause!
For the interesting, Jackson has really put a hurting on our washing machine and detergent. He has blown through countless diapers and outfits at an alarming rate. I believe before yesterday was over, he wore no fewer than 5 separate outfits, with many not making it off the changing table. They were pooped on, tee-teed on, and spit-up on! He was on a TEAR! I told Heather he had more costume changes than a Madonna concert.
Today, we have seen some of the same. But today was DOCTOR VISIT DAY!!! We went and saw our pediatrician for the first time today. Since we delivered in Jackson, our local MD obviously had yet to meet our son. Not only did he get a clean bill of health, his weigh has ballooned to 8 pounds and 5 ounces!!!!! He is gaining weight (which we figured, since he seemed bigger to us) and is healthy! That is a great relief!

What would an update be without pictures . . .

I believe this is the first time he has fallen asleep on my chest! Everyone else always made it look so easy! SUCCESS!

I am sure this won't be the last picture of this, but I can say this is the FIRST picture of Jackson sucking his thumb! HE IS SO CUTE !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grammy and Grand dad say that is sooooo cute!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How precious is that baby? I am glad you put this one on the blog, I could not fully see that precious face from where I was sitting....I love him sooo much!!!
Yetti

Sarah Green said...

He is entirely too cute. Reese is a thumb- sucking buddy with Jackson!

Jennifer and BJ said...

Congrats! He is beautiful!!